Feb 1, 2010

The lazy one

Okay, I've been chastized (chastised?)for not blogging. I will try to do better. Here I sit in Kanab - same ole, same ole. Dig during the day and work on papers at night. - oh, and eat and get fatter.

Let's see - I'm really struggling in my calling. I like to blame being gone, but i need to get out more and talk to more people. Cervantes family have backed away from lessons, and actually returned to going back to the Catholic Church. Maciel family is not really progressing, although I'm trying to arrange visits for/to them during the week. I know trusting in the Lord, and also doing my part, are the keys here. He will pick up and do the rest if I can give it my best.

Work is good in the sense that I have steady work now. We have been testing sites now for 3 months (which is frustrating because it is 3 months that we could have been doing actual excavations instead of wasting time on testing things that don't need to be tested). Tomorrow, though, we finally get to start excavations at a site and hopefully finish it within the next month or so. Found a burial today, but part of testing so we just leave it in place and sometime down the road will remove it.

Proud of all of you - I know that you are each going through your own sorts of challenges, but you each have the foundation you need. You know that the Lord loves you and will bless you as you live the Gospel and seek to do his will. That is the real key to happiness. Trust in Him....

Love you all

Dad

1 comment:

BT said...

Haha that reminds me, on Sunday my ward's Bishop gave us a combined lesson on Chastity and he wrote "Chasity" on the board. He couldn't figure out why people were laughing.