Feb 1, 2010

It's been a while . .

Well hi everyone! It's been a while (Since before Thanksgiving!). Well, Thanksgiving and Christmas were really wonderful. Everyone but Bret's little family were here. They were with Bret's Dad 'cuz he had nobody to spend Thanksgiving with. I loved decorating and getting ready for Christmas. Christmas Eve was really great. Our friend Will Wise was here as well. So were the Sharps, Cait, the boys, Jasmine. Bridger wanted to give a Christmas Home Evening which was absolutely beautiful. Most of us were crying. I was so glad to have Will be there where he would feel the Spirit of love from our Savior. Christmas morning was really great. Bret's family was here with the little Kannon. It was the Anderson's year to be with Travis' family. We had our Christmas breakfast and opened presents and played and played with our little guy. Since then I've only been up to Ogden twice to babysit but I'm going up THIS Friday to babysit again . . YAY! My calling has kept me busy . . there is always someone to visit or a little fire to put out. I had the opportunity to give a talk, a lesson and a talk all one week after the other. First in Sacrament meeting (the Anderson's spoke in their ward that same week) on Gifts of the spirit. The next week I taught the RS lesson on Charity in our everyday lives and the week after that I spoke at stake conference Saturday night adult meeting. I spoke on our responsibility for the welfare of our neighbors. I was glad to have most of the family there to support me at everything. Putting Christmas away is a huge job and sorta sad, not as fun as putting everything up. We've been busy with Brigham's history fair as well. He did a wonderful job and got a 98% from his teacher. He has been so sweet and obedient, even when he doesn't like to do some stuff I ask him. I enjoy seeing Bridger on the weekends and texting during the week. He had a wonderful Fall semester. Already filling out his paper work for his mission! Dad continues to be gone all week. He was here the week he had his surgery for his umbilical hernia but seems to have recovered and went right back to work the next week. We're making plans for Jasmine's wedding. No reception. Just a nice cozy luncheon three days after the wedding for family and a few close friends. She has been really sweet and a joy to have around. I love it when Sess comes to stay when Chance is out of town or at work. She keeps me laughing and is a great help and support. I miss my Cait but we have catch up phone calls. She seems to be really happy and despite some difficulties, she is taking it all in stride and with a great attitude. She is really busy with her 4 a.m. job and busy classes. We finally got to see the Anderson's on Sunday for supper and catch up on their lives. Travis has applied to grad school and they are waiting on that to make further decisions. Lacee is doing awesome teaching and over knowledge bowl. She is going to Mexico for spring break to build houses . . . WOW. Our ward began doing a dancercize class this morning. It meets 6 a.m., MWF. Boy did I feel like an uncoordinated idiot. I'm a very slow learner but once I learn it, it's in there for good. 6 a.m. is a little tough for me but it's worth it if I can lose some weight or get toned and healthy. I've been having my green drink for breakfast every other day. It's made with kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, parsley and then some papaya juice and pineapple juice. Good thing I don't have any sense of taste, huh? It's really healthy. I'm pretty healthy, as usual, and am grateful. The typing gets really old and it takes me so long to get it done since I'm often having to pop up and down to go and do a visit or a meeting or something. But I'm grateful to have that job and the skill to do it. Sess put up some burgundy curtains in my living room. It's about time I got it done. Got to go to Las Vegas with Jasmine to pick up her car. It's really beautiful. Great, amazing deal! Daddy and I are thinking of taking an autumn trip this year to the Northeast and visit historical sites and church sites as well as see the beautiful colors. We're thinking of Massachusettes, New York, Maine. Mamita comes back for her checks next month. I pray for each of you every morning and night and you are always in my thoughts. I'm always here for my babies so don't ever hesitate to call or text me. I love you all.

No comments: