There isn't really a whole lot going on with me. Just class, homework, eat, sleep, and work over and over again. Kind of lame, I know. As always, being an art major is a little frustrating when you are being forced to take certain classes that aren't part of your emphasis like watercolor and ceramics and the majority of people in the class are a million times better than you and all you can do is mumble something awkward about how you're only taking the class to graduate as you turn in your assignment feeling nothing but the utmost embarrassment and humiliation. I personally think its lame that we are required to take those classes because most of them grade you on how great your work is which means I only get a B average on most assignments because I can't draw/paint/sculpt for the life of me. I'm a photo major for crying out loud! What do they expect? Anyway, that's my life at the moment.
I like my job though. I have the same early morning custodial job in the Taylor building that I had last year with the same awesome boss, Brian, and really great coworkers.
Oh yeah, story time. So a couple years ago I became friends with this guy named Chris who worked early morning custodial with me. He's from North Carolina and he's the only member of his family to join the church. Everyone else is really against the church. So anyway, Chris went on a mission to California (which his parents were livid about) which is hard enough for him, but then a couple months after he gets back from his mission his mom dies of some strange disease, and his father partly blames him because he feels that his mom would have lived longer if Chris hadn't stressed her out so much by going on a mission. So now he's back at BYU-Idaho for school and, just like old times, we start hanging out a lot. He's a great guy, really positive, and tries to do what is right. Just a great friend, all in all. But then he asked me on a date. Then he asked me on another one. And then another one. At first I wasn't sure what to think about it, or what I felt, but now that I've had time to think about it, I've realized that I'm not interested in him in that way. I wish I was, he's a great guy, but it's just not there. You know? So great. Now I have to go be a jerk and tell him I'm not interested. It's like, oh, I'm sorry your life is horrible right now. Here, let me add to it! Oh gosh. Anyway, wish me luck with that.
Other than that things are going great. I can't wait for the semester to be over but until then I'm just keeping busy! Love and miss you all!
Caitlyn
P.S. Mom got me this awesome shirt as sort of an early Valentines day present.

It's pretty much my most favorite shirt in the world now, so get used to seeing me wear it all the time. And thanks again mom!!!
2 comments:
Is he that guy with the one eye? You could say something like, "I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing eye-to-eye with you..." or something clever like that.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Post a Comment