Well, lots has happened. First, I graduated from 6th grade, and Elementary School. At the 6th grade graduation, I was on the verge of tears the entire time, especially when a girl sang "For Good" from Wicked...but after that it was fine. The water party was fun. The best part was when we were selecting groups, 15 in each, and everyone gathered where they wanted to be. I went with Mckay to a group of kids including the Oldhams, Ricardo, Rachel, and other "nice but popular" kids. Since there was 20 in the group, Gentry was going around picking people to be in the group. She didn't see me and skipped me. She was having trouble picking the 15th person, and was looking in an entire opposite direction then me. But then Ashlee saw me and said: "15!" Sigh.....
The first week of summer has been good. On Wednesday I went on a 10-mile hike. We started near the bridge that Travis proposed to Lacee. Then we crossed it. I imagined what it must have been like, in the dark, Lacee and Travis dancing.......how romantic. We walked a distance to Bridal Veil falls, which on the way I saw a snake, chipmunk, and I was 1/10 of a mile in front of the rest of the troop. When we reached Bridal Veil Falls, we turned right, walked a bit on that bike trail, then turned left onto a steep, rocky, up-hill trail. We kept going on that for a bit. Brother Goats kept scaring us by saying a huge hill was coming up. But it never came. We eventually crossed Squaw Peak Road, and came to a few forks in the road. Brother Goats seemed sure about which way to go, but...................................................................................................
Okay! Don't blame us! The "Private Property, No Trespassing" sign didn't look up to date. Besides, Bro. Goats told us to go that way. Tsk Tsk.... Well, we kept going down the paved road, until a farmer stopped us. He started to yell at us, and he and Bro. Goats had a little "whoopdidoo." He threatened to take our picture and send it to the sheriff. He also swore a little... then he went on about us messing up the ponds that we never went by.....sigh. We just continued on the sidewalk until we reached the church we parked at. We ran the last 200 yards. It was pretty fun, especially since we went to Panda Express after. It was a lot of fun.
Well, that was yesterday, and I just came in from laying sod on the yard.
Peep! Bye, Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment