May 31, 2009
Well, it's been over a month since I've written. May was a very busy month. There were 6th grade year end activities to plan and do, a water party where I was in charge of games . . attending Nova graduation where Brigham graduated and read his speech . . . there was the usual around the house getting our garden going . . the spinach has already come and gone and we were able to enjoy some tasty tender leaves. The broccoli is beginning to do it's thing and I hope it gets to before the hot weather makes it bolt! I've got one pumpkin plant and one zucchini (yum!). We have 9 broccoli, 4 cabbage about 8 pepper, 8 tomatoes, raspberries, italian herbs for Christmas gifts, corn, green onions, two cantaloupe and one watermelon and 6 cucumber hills. Jasmine has been coming over every day to do weeding and it looks so nice. My flowers are beginning to bloom in the flower garden and I actually took a ton of irises to relief society a week ago. I'll take the peonies next as they will be blooming shortly. I think I finally got some lily of the valley (Danielle's birth flower) to come up, Jasmine's will be blooming soon, as will be Sessely's and Bridgers and mine and Lacee's. I also planted some gladiolus bulbs for Brigham! I just need to get some in for Caitlyn. Bridger had his grand graduation and we were so proud of him. He had so many cords that Sess called him curtain! We had a great celebration supper at Sizzlers in Provo where we ran into the VanDeBoss family (hope I spelled that right). We put up a poster on the front of the house. Brigham received recognition for his academic excellence as wel as being voted smartest student by his class. Relief society has been feast or famine. I've got to go up a few times to visit my little pork chop as well which really makes my week! Sess came down for a visit and we got to spend some time together and talk and laugh and enjoy her usual shananigans. She will be back in 11 days for her birthday. We are probably looking at an early October wedding so get your calendars set. Either Oct 8 or Oct 9. We would love to have you all there. Not official yet but we'll let you know. I'm making my list for Chance's visit. Last Sunday was a blast as we had 13 people here for supper. We actually made it fit! We had so much fun with everyone and the Kannon-ball. Cait continues to stay busy with work and Bridger is training for cashier. Bret had a really horrible flu this week but seems to be snapping out of it. I got to watch Kannon on Saturday because poor Bret was feeling so horrid and was obviously contagious. I'll let you kids tell more specifics about what is going on in your lives. All of you are doing good things and bring a smile to my face as I see you grow into really wonderful people. Let's all write monthly! I love you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment