For my birthday, Travis surprised me by taking me to BYU's Homecoming! It was held at the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy, which was really cool to see. When we weren't dancing, we'd walk through the exhibits and see the exotic sea creatures. I liked the electric eel, even though it was ugly. It was really neat though, because they put a speaker right next to the tank, and whenever the eel got excited, or was ready to kill something, you could hear static sounds coming from the speakers that measured the electric current going through him, and the more excited he was, the louder the static! It got pretty loud a couple times!
We also saw penguins, seahorses, and rays. In fact, in the middle of the dance floor, there was a shallow pool of water with rays swimming around the edge. One ray was very active and kept popping up out of the water at the edge of the pool like he was trying to get out! It was kind of scary, especially when we would dance next to it and he'd pop up unexpectedly. Travis and our other friends got the courage to reach in and touch their backs, but it took me a couple minutes to gather the courage to do it. After I touched it, I quickly jerked my hand back, shrieked, and hid in Travis's arms like it was some monster. Hey, you probably would've been nervous, too!
But we had a very fun time. We also got to write messages to each other and put them in a bottle. :) It was so much fun, I'm glad we went!
Other than that, life's been pretty busy for us. Travis is working hard on his research while taking 2 additional classes and being a T.A. I'm still very happy being a teacher. Many thanks to dad for visiting my Utah History class and teaching them about archaeology! They really enjoyed him. I've also decided I'm going to start a Spanish Club, so we'll see how that goes!


No comments:
Post a Comment