Nov 1, 2009

ENGAGEMENT

Okay, so I'm engaged! And although I may not act excited on the outside, it's only cuz I'm trying to control myself and not be annoying like other girls who get engaged and are showing their ring to the whole world. But you guys know me - I'm extremely excited on the inside. Secondly, I would like to say that Hector picked out my ring. I gave him no hints whatsoever. I didn't even tell him yellow or white gold. He picked it out himself, and I'm so proud. He has good taste. I would actually trust him to pick out my clothes for me.

STORY:

First of all, Travis & Lacee already knew about him coming to ask Mom & Dad's permission. Mom had told him back in August that he had to wait until after Sessely was married. (He did try back in August, by the way). So the day after Sessely got married, Hector called them up and made an appointment to meet with them on the following day. It was supposed to be a surprise for me, but Hector is terrible with surprises and couldn't keep it in. He ended up telling me. Travis & Lacee knew because at the last second, Hector's ride fell through and he couldn't get ahold of anyone else, so he asked me to see if they could come. Little did I know that Travis was already in bed, but got up to take him anyway.

Two weeks later, (last Saturday October 24th), he called to plan our meeting and I asked him what we were going to do that day. He said, "WEll.....actually.....you just leave it up to me, okay? And don't ask any questions." Well, you guys know me and of course the first thing I thought was, "Oh great. He is going to propose and he totally gave it away! He ruined it!" So I go over to his house and he's made lunch for me and then he tells me he has a surprise but I have to clothes my eyes. I was trying to be excited even though he gave it away and I thought, "Okay, here's the ring! Here it comes!" I open my eyes and he's made a huge collage. It's a huge picture of us made up of little tiny pictures of us, pictures that describe each of us (pictures of 300, pictures of the Mexican and American flag, etc). He hugged me and told me, "I just wanted to show you that even though I'm busy, I still have time to do things for my girlfriend." I was WAY excited - and little to hiw knowledge, I was more excited cuz he didn't propose like I expected! So right after that, it had been raining, and I told him that I wanted to go for a walk cuz he knows I love the rain. But I told him just a little short one cuz we had homework to do. He doesn't like the rain, but he went with me anyway. We walked aways and we swinged on swings and just had fun. Then we walked a little further until we came to a really quiet spot and he was just hugging and kissing me and he said, "Are you sure you want to marry me? I mean, really sure?" And before I had a chance to answer he said, "Sorry I keep insisting, it's just that..." And he knelt down and held out the ring, "I REALLY need to know." I started crying even though in my head I was screaming, "STop crying Jasmine! Stop crying!" But I couldn't help it. I told him, "Well, let me think about it..." And then I told him "Me encantaria!" Which means, I would love to.

So that's the story. Sorry it's a little late. And now we're engaged!

1 comment:

BT said...

...the same rain that fell on Brittney and I as we watched our football team get crushed...how romantic.