Oct 24, 2009

A random conglomeration

I thought I would post since I haven't in a while (gee, guys, it seems like it's been a while since anyone has posted...)!
First of all, I found it funny that the pictures of us on the side have been taken all over the country--Mom, Dad's, Danielle's, and Sessely's from Orem, Jasmine's from Ireland, Lacee & Travis' from Florida, Caitlyn's from Idaho, mine in Washington D.C. and Brigham's from San Francisco vacation. Looks like we've been almost everywhere as a family!

Anyhow, my fall semester of my freshman year is officially halfway over (as of last Tuesday). I'm sort of glad, actually; I just want to keep my grades up until then. I was really worried about an ECON assignment where I got a zero on it, but I went in and talked with my T.A. and he gave me the credit back (the only reason he had given me a zero was because my essay was too long).
My other hard class is Computer Programming. I can do ok on the labs (we have one due each week) because I can get T.A. help, so I turn in those labs 3 or 4 days early each time, which gives me extra points which will hopefully cover any points I may miss on the exams (we only have 3 exams--less studying but each exam counts more!). My Book of Mormon class feels just like Seminary, I LOVE University Chorale, Physical Science is mildly interesting, and HEPE is stimulating, but the chapters are pretty boring.

That's my room; my desk is on the left and Christian's is on the right (the one with the pharmacy). My roommates are pretty great; James still hacks into the sink and Christian still plays loud rap music when he's in a bad mood, but I've become more tolerant of them, and I found out that Christian is actually an enjoyable person when he's not in a bad mood about missing Hawaii or his gf or his family.
I still work at Macey's and my schedule is pretty set: 12:30-3 on Tuesdays, 1-4 on Thursdays, and 7-1 (ugh) on Saturday's. This covers my budget pretty well (except for unexpected expenditures like haircuts--thanks again, Dad!).
I still love my ward, my building, and I have alot of friends here too. But at the same time I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving when I can come live at home for 5 days with my family. :)
By the way, Jasmine, congratulations on your engagement!!! :) :) :)


2 comments:

Caitlyn said...

It's Brigham's turn to post but either he hasn't been checking his email or he just disregards it. But what do you mean no one has posted in a while? Sessely just posted a few days ago. My my, how impatient you are.

BT said...

I want hourly posts!!! HOURLY!!!