Nov 8, 2009

What do you call a Ute fan with half a brain?-Gifted.



Well, it's been a few months since the last time I posted. I apologize. Man, a lot has happened.
Let's see, where did I leave off? Well, school started in August; which means Jr. High. It's funny to have several different classes now.
A1-Mr. Diaz-Spanish-He is a very big BYU fan and has a good sense of humor. He always has a joke of the day; which is where I got the title for this post. Everyday we play "basketball," where he separates the class into two teams, (usually Utah vs. BYU, Utah State vs. BYU, or Mt. View vs. Orem), and one person from each side goes to the front, and write the answer to a question that Mr. Diaz asks, and whoever writes it down first gives their team a point, and they get to shoot a little mini basketball into a mini hoop, to hopefully get another point. Mr. Diaz plays the cougar growl on his computer whenever BYU gets a point.

A/B2-Mrs. Hacken-GT English/history- Ugh.....well, it's interesting. I find myself really different from the other students. They know stuff and words that I would never even knew existed. For example; the Mafia; I had never heard of the Mafia. They also used a word which meant, according to dad, believing in more than one god; but anyway, it's my favorite class; I get along with everyone pretty well.

A3- Mr. Groves-P.E.- Bleagh.....I've been failing the class really bad. At one point I had a 'i' in there, or incomplete; but just for a day. It went from A to a D, to an i, to a D minus, to a D, and I now have a C. I just fail the tests. Other than that everything's okay...Friday's running day.

A4-Mrs. Richman-Percussion-Well, she's very nice, and the class is pretty easy. Practice, play the music right, don't do terrible at the concert, and you get an A. My first concert was this past week...it wasn't TOO bad....
B1-Free Period!

B3- Mrs. Shirk-Algebra-Bleagh.....not that big of a fan of algebra....but I'm surviving, and it's better than what's coming up next.....

B4-Miss. Stanger-CTE- Well, she is very political, strong opinionated, and always has someone or something to not judge that day. President Obama, President Bush, our parents, some teachers in the school, and that one boxer that lost all his money are some of her favorites. There are about 5 girls in that class that won't stop commenting, which results in more time in the class, which results in more lessons/lectures, which results in less computer time, which is terrible.

Well, not much else has happened. I'm still in scouting, though...and we've had a few trips since the last time I posted...
First, the Uintas hiking, camping, and kayaking. Kayaking is the funnest thing on earth, but it was a terrible trip. The first day, we had to backpack to our campsite; which was terrible. My backpack weighed a bit more than it was supposed to. The second day, which was the worst; we had to carry the kayaks up the mountain to our camp and the lake. We should have listened to Bro. Goats this time. He said it would be wise to bring our water for the 4 mile total hike. We got down there, and got ready to carry the...I'd say about...50lbs kayaks up the mountain. It was terrible. We were extremely dehydrated. Eventually, about half-way through, Me, Collin, and Caleb said a prayer together, and continued our last mile. We were told over walkie-talkie by the adults that we could go ahead and open the lunch box; and there were boxed juices. Everyone chugged them down; and afterwards, someone had a pocket knife, and we cut them open to get the last drops. It wasn't the funnest campout...

And...the 20 mile Mt. Timpanogos hike. The trail starts deep in Provo Canyon, and is about one-twentieth up the mountain. We started hiking. After the first mile we were already exhausted; but we continued hiking. We eventually reached a point where if you looked up, you would see people very nearby, slowly getting further and further away up the mountain on the switchbacks. I swear, there were about 25 sets of switchbacks. Finally we reached the Timpanogos basin and Emerald Lake. After Emerald Lake, and crossing a few snow fields, some of us started to get a bit dizzy because of the altitude. We eventually reached a HUGE hill leading to the "saddle." I started out easy, but slowly got steeper, steeper, and steeper. Eventually for the last few yards, it was about 80 degrees steep. This took us to the "saddle." From here the summit is clearly in view, but we weren't allowed to go up there. We continued down the rest of the trail, which was pretty boring, but was very tiring. The last two miles did not seem to end....but they eventually did.
Well, everything else is going okay. We're working on the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat play for the ward. I play Izicar, one of Joseph's brothers. The play is on Nov. 13/14. The 13th is the dress rehersal, (if I spelled that right), but it's also the play for those who can't make it the next day. Go to http://www.lakeridgeeighthward.blogspot.com to see the dances.
Well, once again I apologize again for being late.
Love you!!!
P.S. How do I upload pictures?




2 comments:

Lacee said...

Tu eres!

Caitlyn said...

Brig, this is how you add pictures: when you’re on the new post page, you click the little icon that looks like it has a picture of a mountain and trees. If you scroll your mouse over it, it should say, “Add Image”. Click on that. Then a new little window will pop up. In that new window, underneath “Add an image from your computer” click on “Browse”. Then find the picture that you want in all the computer files. Once you have selected the picture, click open. You can also choose the layout that you want. I usually pick center and medium for the image size. Then click upload image and wait until it says the image has been added. Click “Done.” A bunch of weird letters and numbers will appear into your post. Don’t delete it, that’s your picture. You can cut and paste it somewhere else in your blog, but make sure you cut and paste the entire thing, otherwise it won’t show up in the blog. That should be it. If it still doesn’t work or you have any other questions I can show you better when I come home.