Mar 24, 2009

Orlando

As you know, we are currently in Orlando and are having the time of our lives! Well, I guess I can say that more than my poor husband. He's been having to go to really boring meetings all day while I party at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios. He did meet up with me, though, yesterday afternoon after his meeting. We were able to go on a few things before the park closed (some parks close really early). But we're having a really fun time.

On Sunday, we attended a ward 20 minutes away- not as far as I thought one would be! Then we were able to walk around the Orlando Temple grounds. It is a beautiful temple! I didn't realize how big it was going to be either, it's not one of those small temples. You could see it so easily sticking up from the flat, green terrain. It's kind of like the D.C. temple, how it sticks up out of this hill of trees and you can see it so clearly from so far away. I loved walking around the temple, holding my husband's hand. He picked a nearby lilly off a stem and put it in my hair. He's too cute!
On the walls surrounding the perimeter of the temple were these cute little lizards that would scatter away if you got too close. It was really cute. I thought of bringing one home to mom, but, of course, didn't. Travis said, "Yeah, your mom would probaby name it 'Princess', or something..."
We took some pictures there- but I'll have to post them when I get back next week.

1 comment:

7ducklings said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH! Lacee I'm so jealous. I didn't even remember there was a temple there! Sounds so beautiful and wonderful being able to be there together! How are the members in florida??? MuShu is fine but still pretty shy. He's eating anyway, so that's really all he needs. Thanks for writing!