Jan 7, 2011

Hi everyone . . it's me, the Mama!

Cait informed me that it was my turn to write. I thought I'd been forgotten since it hasn't been my turn for months! Wow, where to begin, well, hmmm . . . my son is gone on his mission to Mexico. I have acquired a new grandson, Britian Talbot Sharp; Danielle and Bret were married; I love Kannon's visits to Mamie's house . . . I am currently serving as 1st counselor in our stake relief society presidency. It has been a very busy fall and a very fun Christmas. We had everyone here and it was very fun. We played a Christmas game with a left/right twist and I think everyone had fun. Please, please don't forget to write to Bridger. Weekly would be ideal but at least once or twice a month. Please?? It means the world to him, it gives him strength and happiness. I promise you that blessings will come into your personal lives because of it.

Sess and chance have lived here for two months but next weekend they are g,etting ready to move into the Stephens little basement apartment. We are so excited for them. Their apartment is so R O O M Y and modern! They are anticipating to snuggle in for the next few years . . maybe even until they have a home! It will be fun having them in our ward. Chance already has a calling as an asst. ward mission leader.

This weekend is our stake conference and we will be getting a new stake president. Two members of the 70 are coming down for that and on Saturday, after a leadership meeting from 4 to 6, the stake rs presidency (that means me) will serve the visiting authorities and their wives and the stake presidency and their wives a dinner in the stake building. What an honor! I just hope I don't dump stew on a general authority's lap!

Today we took Britian in for a weight check and he is a whopping 12 lb 2 oz, Dr. J was very surprised at how fast he has gained weight! Sess just keep producing and producing. I kid her that I am going to fasten a little bell around her neck!

Cait was a huge help and nanny and cook and all around good egg while here for the break. She returned to Rexburg and immediately got back into her 4-7 a.m. job, and heavy classes in 40 below weather. She is a trooper. She has a gift for just doing what has to be done and rolling up her sleeves and getting into it. Bless her heart.

Brigham is in the thick of history fair which is always a major stress for me but this is his last year. Simple machines in science class is also coming up too. That's never been a high point either, lol! He works very hard and tries to fulfill his duties and responsibilities as well. He is a great person to counsel with and gives great advice.

Lacee and Travis work and work and study. They are good and kind to me and always willing to lend a helping hand or advice which I greatly value.

Jasmine is working at BYU, doing great but is sometimes bored. She is taking violin lessons and has gotten a little into yoga. She will be playing a duet with another sister in the ward at our upcoming stake rs meeting on Feb 3.

Dad is hoping to have more work come in and we continue to bite our nails until something happens. I mean I know it means typing which I really dislike but Dad needs to work.

Kannon recently underwent some early intervention testing and he scored really well and actually high in many areas (36 month level). The only short stick being speech. Well, we all knew he was brilliant! So they will come to their home twice a month to give him speech therapy. The testers were very impressed at his abilities and understanding.

Thanks to the generousity of Sess and chance, we have a new sofa and TV! Thanks to Sess taking her mama under her wing, the homeschool things finally got cleaned out after 3 years and Mom's kitchen is so much more organized! Even the holiday closet get a good cleaning. Next: Mom's room!

Dad is teaching sunday school and doing a marvelous job!

I got a new kitchen sink and pots and pans (I've had mine since we were married!). What a fun Christmas!

My heart is filled with gratitude for the gospel and for my family. He knows all about me and loves me still! I want to give to Him all my trust and faith to run my life the way He knows is best and to be an instrument in helping and loving others. One of my greatest desires is to become more like Sis. Marjorie Hinckley and leave every person I come in contact with happier than they were before. What a joy that would bring to me. I know that is how our Savior always was.

I love the temple.

I know Heavenly Father has a plan and life really DOES have a happy ending!

Love, Mama

No comments: