Sep 15, 2009

BYU = Blong!

Hi guys! Apparently it's my turn to blog, according to Caitlyn!
Life is really different here at BYU. First of all, moving out was pretty much what I expected, except that I get homesick alot, so I have to force myself to get busy with something in order to combat that (good experience for the MTC I'm assuming).
My roommates are all awesome. Basically I feel like they're carbon copies of me; especially Conley. It's sort of weird. Christian, from Hawaii, is really nice and tidy (thank heavens); James is nice and he tries to be funny (except he has this habit of hacking up expectoration into the sink. Yuck).
Classes are all fun and tolerable. I really really really like being here. My favorite class so far would probably have to be...well, I really enjoy Physical Science and ECON (but the latter requires alot of work, so after two hours of reading it I don't particularly fancy the subject right then).
Another weird thing. Cooking. I even have a cookbook but everyday I wonder what I should make. I try to always have a good balance. I think I'm eating healthier here than I did at home; mostly because I always buy apples and grapes and veggies, and then I guilt myself into eating them (it's alot harder to just let food rot when you know you purchased the said items).
I've also met alot of friends. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting on Sunday so everyone knows me (that's a plus). Conley and I have also gotten into a habit of, when we're bored, baking some cookies or brownies and delivering it to a random girl's apartment (good impression. But don't worry, I would never go for any of them, I've got a mission and besides that they're all very loud and...loud).
My ward is pretty awesome too. A singles ward is definitely different than a home ward. I think in some ways it's better, but in some ways it's worse (people talk alot during sunday school. That drives me crazy).
Well, I get to go practice piano now. :) Bye!

No comments: