Well, this week was sort of normal. On Thursday I had chess club, (yay!), and I played agaist two people. The first person's name was Gordon, and every time I moved, he would say something like, "Oooh, you're bringing your queen out," "So now you're building a fence," or "Ooh, a castle!" Every time he moved, he would say things like: "I think I'll move my queen right there," or "Take that!" I had to be somewhere at 4:30, and I was going to leave at 4:15. When 4:30 came, however, he was still taking his sweet little time, (even though he had one pawn and his king against my rook, bishop, and queen). I started to occasionally glance at the clock and sort of dance in my seat, trying to hint, but it came out looking like I had to go to the bathroom. So I checkmated him standing up. I left, and found out that dad wanted me to not go, (because I was recovering from a cold), and came back, to play Mr. Draper, the teacher. I shouldn't have moved that pawn. He broke in with his queen and killed 2 pawns, one rook, and a knight. I eventually had one pawn and my king, and he had two rooks, 5 pawns, and a knight. I kept trying to avoid checkmate, and he let me know I was frustrating him. Eventually he backed me into a corner, and... yeah.
On Friday I had Sports club, and we played crab soccer. However, Mrs. Franz won't let us play a game without doing countless laps around the gym to a song. Before she made us do this, she had us do the "Tony Chestnut," or really "Toe-knee Chest-Nut" (Nut as in head). A few lines of this song were "Toe knee chest nut nose eye love you," "and his sister I-Lean" "I-Lean loves Kneel, and Kneel loves Pat, and Pat loves Bob" "Then there's Russel, and Skip" "This song is silly, but it's hip," etc. The sixth graders got a kick out of it. The second we finished, she yelled: "Jog!" We started, and she put on over the intercom "The Hampster Dance." (Remember that song?) We couldn't get it out of our heads the rest of the day. She then had us get in crab position, gather in the middle of the Gym, and she threw a huge, blown-up ball into the midst of people. I wish I could replay what I saw. I was sort of far away from the very middle where she through it in, but I saw the faces of the people in that area go from laughing, to a smile, to an open mouth, to this with wide eyes, and to a scream as they fell back as the monsterous ball landed on them. We played this for the rest of the time, (with the exception of cleaning every single black mark).
I come home and find Bridger looking very bored in front of the Wii. He tells me he was suffering from "Cabin Fever." We hear Pyper whining, and Bridger tells me she had to go every half hour, but when I come upstairs, I see Pyper on the bench by the window in the living room. (Later, Jasmine comes and says it smells like you know what, in the living room). Oops! Pyper was just lonely, though, so we took her on a walk.
Everything else was normal, with the exception of going to the temple on Saturday. I guess I just need to keep my mind on things like Jr. High, the Science Fair, Linking Verbs, (bleagh), and the Gettysburg Adress. Thanks for making this blogg, Caitlyn!
P.S. Did Abraham Lincoln have to memorize the Gettysburg Adress??
2 comments:
You forgot to talk about OUR chess match, Brigham! Ah no! Poor son! Aaaah...awowowowowow!
Actually Lincoln read it all. He read it few a couple of times on the train ride there.
Okay. I lost.
Post a Comment